Do you fancy Norfolk glamping on the edge of Hickling Broad National Nature Reserve, the largest of the Norfolk Broads and conveniently within driving range of Norfolk’s exceptional coastline? Look no further!
Hickling Campsite has three Shepherd huts handmade by the super clever and creative Hickling Campsite team for your authentic experience (sheep not included!). We also have an impressive futuristic pod for hire, equipped with plug sockets and lights!
The Huts and Pod are available for hire from May to September, when the campsite is open. Stay for one night, or two weeks, the choice is all yours!
My brother Isaac and I decided to try our hands at building our very own Shepherd’s hut! We had so much fun making it, we decided to build two more!
Isaac, who is only 21-years-old built the Pod single-handed! Unlike the huts, the pod is the only place at Hickling Campsite where you will find plug sockets and electric lights! So, if you are a camper who prefers a few more mod-cons from your glamping experience, the pod is where you need to be!
All the interiors have been carefully selected so that they are unique and bespoke to each individual hut. You will never stay in a Shepherd’s Hut that has been more carefully thought out than ours! We have the Duck hut (Jo’s personal favourite), the Stag hut and the Owl hut and each hut’s interior has its own individual style, lovingly handmade by Norfolk based seamstress Amy from Buttonpearl Crafts.
We loved seeing the huts come together with the furnishings we had hand picked!!
Tom and Jo hope you enjoy the huts as much as they did putting them together!
Duck: Sleeps 3 adults (one double bed, one single bed), or two adults, two small children.
£100 per night, per hut
Stag: Sleeps 3 adults (one double bed, one single bed), or two adults, two small children.
£100 per night, per hut
Owl: Sleeps 2 adults (one double bed).
£80 per night, per hut
Your new home includes…
- Fully equipped kitchen, including pots, pans, crockery and cutlery
- Braziers for your campfire, cooking, with plenty of wood available to purchase
- Table and chairs for star gazing and barbeque duty
- All you will need to bring is your own bedding, including pillows, duvet/sleeping bags, towels and a sense of adventure. Mattresses are provided.
- Peace and quiet
- Toilets and showers, free to use, with hot water and no annoying
- Outdoor washing up sinks
- Rubbish bins for recycling and general waste
- A freezer onsite for ice blocks
- Well behaved dogs are welcome to stay with you in the huts
- Numerous cycle and footpaths
- Great pubs within walking distance
- Check in at 1pm (no worries if you need to arrive earlier, just let us know before you arrive)
- Check out at 11am